The Southern Business Education Association (SBEA) is a professional organization of business educators and a regional affiliate of the National Business Education Association. SBEA serves its members involved in instruction, administration, and research in business education by providing leadership training, conferences, and publications to assist in developing competent, productive people to function in a global environment. SBEA is comprised of the following 12 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Southern Business Education Association is an affiliate of the National Business Education Association, headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
The purpose of the association is to promote better business education in the Southern Region and throughout the nation.
- Recruit and retain SBEA members by promoting the value of membership and the image of business education.
- Develop and nurture professionalism and leadership in business education.
- Promote an integrated, relevant, and emerging curriculum with innovative instructional strategies for business education.
- Promote the development of strategies that address issues, trends, and research related to business teacher recruitment and preparation.
- Develop linkages that enhance growth, communication, and outreach of business education.
- Ensure a strong organizational structure and an effective communication network for SBEA.